Noble René Bernard Gaillard, Seigneur of Frouzins
Receiver General of the King in the Generality of Toulouse.
Capitoul of Toulouse in 1744. Lawyer at Parliament. Baptized in Saint Malo on 23 November 1705. Died at 8 rue des Paradoux in Toulouse, 10 May 1760.
On 28 February 1741 he married Claire d'Agède, daughter of Jean-Louis d'Agède, former Capitoul and of Marie de Segla his wife. They had:
- (1) Jean-Louis René. Surnamed Gaillard-Frouzins. Born in Toulouse, 22 December 1741. He was a Counselor at the Parliament of Toulouse (1764-1790) in the Second Chamber of Inquiry. Married Marie Bourguine Gabrielle de Caumels. They had six children but no grandchildren. Guillotined at Place du Trône and buried in the Picpus Cemetery, Paris on 14 June 1794.
Capitol Building, Toulouse
(2) Nicolas Marie. Surnamed Gaillard-Dufort. Colonel in the service of the King. Chevalier of the Order of St. Louis. Commandant of the Islands of the Saintes in 1782. Born in Toulouse on 29 July 1743. Married Adélaïde Mahieu of Rouen. They had three children; their only son Antoine died during the retreat of Napoleon's army from Moscow in 1812. Their daughter, Françoise Adelaide married one de l'Epine. Nicolas died in Toulouse at 8 rue des Paradoux on 3 September 1827.
- (3) Marthe. Born in Toulouse on 21 September 1744. Died in infancy in Toulouse on 17 July 1746.
- (4) Jacques-Elizabeth. Born in Toulouse on 20 December 1745. Died in infancy in Toulouse on 10 July 1746.
- (5) Honoré-Marie. Surnamed Gaillard-Laubenque.
- (6) Marthe-Marguerite. Born in Toulouse 14 September 1748. Married Antoine de Treil de Lavallongue of Castres on 29 November 1764. They had one daughter. Marthe-Marguerite died before 1811.
- (7) Louis-Bernard Jérôme. Surnamed Gaillard-Treville. Bodyguard of King Louis XVI in the Company of "Charles Just de Beauveau, Prince of Saint-Empire Romain, Grand d'Espagne of the 1st class". Chevalier of the Order of St. Louis . Born in Toulouse on 19 January 1750. Honorable retirement from the military before 1822. Died after 1827, possibly in Rouen. No evidence that he ever married.
- (8) Jacques. Surnamed Gaillard. Appointed Captain in the Regiment of Hainault, 17 March 1785. Born in Toulouse on 15 January 1752. Honorable retirement from the military before 1822. Died between 1822 and 1827. No evidence that he ever married.
- (9) Claire-Jeanne. A nun. Born in Toulouse on 18 February 1753. Died at 8 rue des Paradoux in Toulouse on 28 September 1829.
- (10) Augustine Antoinette. Born in Toulouse on 27 August 1755. Died at 8 rue des Paradoux in Toulouse on 24 November 1818. Never married.
Back to Family Tree